Montessori in Toronto
2007 marked the centenary for the Montessori movement; Montessori teachers have been helping children reach their potential for the last 100 years, on 6 different continents. Current research validates Montessori teaching methods. Montessori is an established, recognized and proven pedagogical philosophy.
What is Montessori?
- A beautifully and carefully prepared child-centred environment that supports the development of the whole child
- Individualized education in multi-age settings
- Learning materials are designed to maximize growth and understanding
- All curriculum areas are integrated, feeding each other and working together to create a truly holistic education
- Inner discipline is cultivated through respect, freedom and responsibility
- Each child as he actively pursues his particular interests at his own pace