MJDS BEIT HABAMBINI A VERY SPECIAL PLACE FOR YOUR TODDLER TO LEARN.
…. A PLACE TO FEEL THE RHYTHMS OF THE JEWISH YEAR
More than just celebrating, our toddlers make Shabbat – and the Holidays – with their own hands. From polishing the Kiddush cups and placing the candles to blessing and enjoying grape juice and challah, even our youngest students take an active part in marking the rhythms of Jewish life.
…. A PLACE TO MOVE
Movement is crucial to brain development. That’s why our classroom is set up to incorporate movement into every activity.
Whether building a tower,
learning to pour,
dancing during kabbalat Shabbat,
or putting coins in the tzedaka box,
toddlers at Beit Habambini are constantly in motion.
…. A PLACE TO DISCOVER NATURE
Picking flowers for the Shabbat table.
Smelling the herbs.
Digging in the dirt.
Toddlers can touch, smell, and even taste their natural surroundings during our outdoor playtime in the MJDS Sensorial Garden.
…. A PLACE TO BE INDEPENDENT
Beit HaBambini is a place where a toddler’s favourite mantra – “I do it!” – becomes reality. Tiny vessels, lowered fixtures, and diminutive tools enable the smallest children to take are of their own needs and even the needs of others.
Skills such as getting dressed, pouring drinks, and wiping up spills nurture the independence that will start your toddler on a lifelong journey of self-motivated Jewish learning.
…. A PLACE TO EXPERIENCE ORDER & REPETITION
Order and repetition are the foundation for a toddler’s sense of safety; they make it possible for the child to take risks and to cement new learning. Beit haBambini is designed with this need in mind:
the organization of the room, the flow of our day, the rhythm of Jewish time, Montessori materials themselves cater to a toddler’s unique need for order and repetition.
…. A PLACE TO BECOME PART OF A COMMUNITY
At MJDS every student has a part to play in our school community. It is common to see older students helping the younger ones with their shoes or including them in outdoor play. Each toddler will find their own niche in a place where they can learn and grow from Beit HaBambini all the way through Middle School
A VERY SPECIAL PLACE FOR YOUR TODDLER TO LEARN.
MJDS is proud to offer Toronto’s only Jewish Montessori program for toddlers starting at 18 months of age.
Beit HaBambini offers:
- A Montessori toddler curriculum with a teacher trained and certified in Montessori toddler education.
- Hebrew language acquisition through daily interaction and conversation in Hebrew
- A carefully prepared environment designed to give toddlers independence and confidence in learning and in life.
- Participation in Shabbat and Jewish holidays with the wider school community.
- Half-day option: 8 a.m. to noon
- Full-day option: 8 a.m. to 3:30p.m
- Extended care option to 5:30
- Year-round admissions and the opportunity to move up to our Casa classes at a pace appropriate to the child.
- Reasonable rates.
- Healthy snacks and hot lunches for the Full Day progamme